Artist CV, Elinor Rowlands, Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- MA, Roehampton University 2010 -2012, Art Psychotherapist, (HCPC)
- PGCE (Qualified Teacher Status), FIPC affiliated to Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Diploma, Central St Martins, University of the Arts, London
- BA (hons)Film joint Performance studies, Aberystwyth University of Wales (Features Editor, Vice President Volunteering)
- IB - International School of Luxembourg (Arts Award, 2000, 2001, 2002 and Human Rights Award)
- European School of Luxembourg 1988-1999 (School Journalist)
Awards and Shortlists
- 2019, 4 pieces of work selected for "Contested Spaces" 6 month exhibition at The Foundry
- 2019, Painting selected for Outside In Exhibition Judge, Grayson Perry.
- 2018, Shape Arts Showcase, Retrospective, Hoxton Arches, London
- 2017, 1st Prize winner (1200 submissions), ello x Wetransfer Art Competition "Flow"
- 2017, Shortlisted from 600 submissions for a Residency, People's Palaces, Brazil, Funded by the British Council
- 2015, 2nd Prize Poetry Winner, Sutton Writers
- 2014, 1st Prize, Poetry Winner, Sutton Writers
- 2000, 2001, 2002, Art Award, ISL
- 2000, Harvard University & New York Film Academy Presents Film Screenings, USA.
- 2000, Key Speaker at the National Conference for Community Justice, Boston, USA.
- 2000, Human Rights Award, ISL
Exhibitions (Conceptual & Commercial)
October 28, 2019 - January 1 - Outside In National Exhibition, Gallery Piano Kings Place, Judged by Grayson Perry.
October 21 - November 3. 2019, Solo Exhibition, EU Communities, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
September 2019 - January 2020 "Contested Spaces," A Place for Change, The Foundry, Vauxhall London
May 2019, Fulham Society of Artists, Group Exhibition, Fulham Library, London, UK
March 2019, “In the forest” video installation for Group Exhibition: On Wonder, Curator Gemma Abbott, Minories Galleries, Colchester, UK
November 2018 - At the Windows (Video art), Shape Open's showcase at Hoxton Arches. Exh. 1-11 November.
April 2018, Like Breath Not Breathing (film), Women SRSLY, The Yard Theatre, London UK
March 2018, At the Window (film), Shape Open, Art Pavilion, Whitechapel Gallery, London, UK
January 2018, The Girl, Poetry Performance (reading), Group Poetry/Fiction Reading, Tate Modern
February 2017 - Showered and Dressed (film), SXRXVE, NYC, USA
October 2017 - "What do We do When we get There?", Film Festival: Safety at home, Home, Curated by Random Artists, Ex- Fed Ex London
October 2017 - Showered and Dressed, Mad Panic VIII, Curated by James Elphick of Guerrilla Zoo, Apiary Studios, London
February 2014, East London Art Therapy Art Exhibition (Group), London, UK
June 2012 - Within Blue, Solo exhibition, Matteo's, Putney
June 2012 Colours of the Core Group Show, The Art Therapy Centre, Archway, London
June 2012 Art Therapy Final Group Show, Whitelands, London UK
August 2008 - Of Light, solo show, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
June 2008 – Final Postgraduate Diploma Group Show, Byam Shaw School of Art, London, UK
April 2008 - Binocular Group Show, Kingsgate Gallery, London, UK
2005 - 2007
Various art exhibitions and performances in China, Zhejiang Province.
June 2007 - Solo Art exhibition, Zhejiang University, West Branch, China
May 2006 - Joint Art exhibition with Todd Ying, Zhejiang University, West Branch, China
Performances (incl. festivals)
March - August 2019 Two Million More, Curated/Directed by Kathryn Stamp (PHD) Dance and Disability research, London UK
April 2019 - Wandsworth Fringe, Poetry Performance (as part of a line up), Battersea, London, UK
June 2019, “Outside my hands are clapping”, Live Art Solo Performance, H&F Arts Festival, produced by Turtle Key Arts, London, UK
March 2019, "Into the forest" poetry performance, The Unfamiliars, Minories Galleries, Colchester, UK.
February 2019, "Painted Conversations," Live Art Durational Performance, Yard Theatre, London UK.
December 2018, Sketch Comedy Lab Sharing (writer/performance), Soho Theatre, London, UK
April 2018, "Do We Seem Different When We Drown?" Poetic performance to live music, (People I've Loved/Film by ER), Scratch, Battersea Arts Centre
January 2018, "Way to the Pretty" (writer/director, performance poet), Calm Down Dear, Feminist Festival, Camden People's Theatre, London, UK
June 2017, Jamie's Lighthouse (Writer), Omnibus Theatre, Clapham, London
Workshops and Training
2018 Comedy Sketch Lab (10 weeks), Soho Theatre, with Lee Griffiths, London, UK
2017 -2018 - Disabled Writers' Workshops, Shape Arts and Tate Modern Collaboration
2017, Deep Listening Workshop (attendee), Mile End, London
2017 Omnibus Theatre, Writing Workshops, Clapham, London
2017, Animation Documentary Symposium (attendee), Royal College of Art, London UK
2015-2016, Disability Arts Online Viewfinder 12 week Writing Workshops, Goldsmiths University with Bella Todd,
2013, Psychoanalysis in Film Symposium, Freud Museum, London
Collections, Stockists and Markets
The Minories, Art Gallery Shop, Colchester UK
North End Road Market, Fulham run by H&F Council
Chelsea Football Stadium, H&F Entrepreneurs' Club